Legal Mumbo Jumbo
All material used for the template and frame of website is paid and/or original materials. All republished copyrighted material is with permission and/or credit reference to the original author. Printed redistribution/republication is prohibited without written consent.
Bloggers copyright: bloggers have the responsibility to adhere to all guidelines regarding libel, slander, pirated media or any unlawful use of owned material. Violation of rules may result in the following consequences: removal of post, disablement of personal page, and potential discontinuation of participation.
Steelcitymom.com has no claim on any personal income made by each blogger’s personal business. (SCM also has no personal opinion, nor does it possess any responsibility for the claims made by said blogger for said products).
If you are interested in becoming a regular contributor to Steel City Mom, please refer to the guidelines as listed below:
- Stay on Topic
- Be Original
- Use your own images, do not steal from other people.
- Get permission from the original poster if you plan to republish another media file with your own.
- Use your own experiences and specialties to appeal to the audience
- Drive Website Traffic by sharing your posts on your social media and with your personal audience.
- Also, help your fellow bloggers by re-posting blogs from your colleagues.
- Link back to old blog posts for reference and recirculation of media for repeat web traffic.
- Editorialize another blog post (just be sure to adhere to copyright and netiquette guidelines)
- DO NOT SLANDER OR BASH OTHER BLOGGERS, PARENTS OR WRITERS.
- NEVER NEVER NEVER TALK BAD ABOUT A CHILD.
- Be committed, prepare to do 1-2 blogs per week (5-8 blogs per month)…… you MAY advertise your products 50-75% of your posts (We do not want it to be all about sales)
Ideas for Posts that will appeal to Steel City Mom readers:
- about your kids/grandkids
- about your career in pittsburgh
- about your experiences in Pittsburgh
- your travels outside of Pittsburgh?
- People you like in Pittsburgh (small business owners, non-profits, philanthropists, artists, performers…etc)
- Promote products you offer, do not slander other products.
- Places you like in Pittsburgh
- your favorite Sports
- Pittsburgh style home made food (city chicken, haluski, chipped ham sammiches)
Each blogger will have the potential to make income via their own business based in posts and advertisements.
There is no pay scale for bloggers at this time. All income is based on personally driven donations and purchases of either goods, services or direct sales and affiliations.
What is Netiquette? Netiquette is Etiquette for the World Wide Web. Everyone has their own version of internet slang, and it changes frequently. Here are some steps to ensure you are following proper communication protocols…
- ALL CAPS MEANS YOU ARE SCREAMING!! AND UNDERLINING MAKES IT SO MUCH LOUDER!!
- Italics means that you are ‘saying something under your breath, like a whisper’.
- Bold means that you are very very serious.
- When you put something in “quotes” you are doing one of two things… you are either a.) being sarcastic, or b.) you are specifically quoting someone’s exact words. So be careful on how you use quotes.
- When you put something in (parentheses) you are adding in something that may or may not be relevant details. Its more of a courtesy than anything else.
- If you use **asterisks** you are **calling something out for someone’s attention**
- more to come…